- 1 tbsp 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ pound rotisserie chicken, stripped the carcass of meat
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3-4 whole jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp chili powder, ground
- 1 tsp cumin powder, ground
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- 1 cup full-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup cilantro, fresh and chopped
- Remove the chicken meat from the rotisserie chicken and put aside.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion and garlic for 3 minutes until they are golden brown and softened.
- Stir in the carrot, celery, jalapenos, tomatoes, and the stripped chicken meat. Add in all the spices and mix for 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are soft and tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cream cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. If the soup is too thick, add in ⅛ cup of chicken stock to make it thinner.
- Divide the soup into 4 bowls and garnish it with chopped cilantro. Serve warm and enjoy!