Thai mango and noodle chicken salad
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 11/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 mangoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 150g dried thin rice stick noodles
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- ½ cup small fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
- Step 1
- Place garlic, vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, half the mango, half the coriander and half the chilli in a food processor. Process until mixture is smooth. Add 1⁄4 cup oil. Process until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Place half the dressing in a medium bowl. Add chicken. Toss to coat.
- Step 2
- Place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand noodles for 7 minutes or until tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Return to bowl.
- Step 3
- Meanwhile, heat half the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Wipe pan clean. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- Step 4
- Add chicken, cucumber, carrot, capsicum, onion, mint and remaining mango and coriander to noodles. Add half the remaining dressing. Toss to combine. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Step 5
- Top salad with fried shallots and remaining chilli. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve.