Sweet potato and zucchini healthy strata bake
- 500 grams sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- one zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Thinly slice the sweet potato. Steam, boil or even bake until just tender- you want it bendy- not smushy!
- In the base of a 20cm square cake tin, place a thin layer of the sweet potato followed by ¼ cup frozen peas and ¼ cup frozen corn.
- Top with a layer of zucchini.
- Mix the eggs with the cream and ½ cup of the cheese in a jug.
- Pour over the veggies in the cake tin.
- Top with ½ cup cheese and the thyme.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden and set. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- You can freeze in slices. And defrost overnight in the fridge before putting in the lunchbox.