Spicy Thai chicken with quinoa
- 4.8 from 18 reviews
- spicy thai chicken and quinoa
- serves: 4-6
- Flavorful chicken thighs with a spicy-sweet sauce served over quinoa with cilantro and peanuts. Recipe based off of these Thai Chicken Wings.
- For the Spicy Thai Sauce:
- ½ cup Thai style chili sauce (see notes)
- ½ cup water or chicken broth
- ¼ cup Wholesome!® Organic Blue Agave
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Wholesome!® Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- For the Chicken:
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- chopped peanuts, cilantro, and chili flakes for topping
- Sauce: Whisk all the sauce ingredients together. Set aside about ½ cup sauce to marinade the chicken. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the sauce to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes or so until the sauce has thickened.
- Quinoa: Cook according to package directions.
- Chicken: Place the chicken in a bag or bowl with the reserved ½ cup sauce to marinate. Return to the refrigerator and let it all hang out for 30 minutes or so, while the sauce thickens. Shake off excess marinade and transfer to a hot grill pan or skillet. Let the chicken cook for a few minutes on each side, until no longer pink, brushing periodically with the thickened sauce.
- Serving: Plate the quinoa on a large platter and top with the chicken. Brush the whole thing with extra sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro, peanuts, and chili flakes.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 435 Fat: 9.7grams Saturated fat: 2,1 grams Carbohydrates: 46.2 grabs Sugar: 7.7grams Sodium: 593.1mg Fiber: 5.1 grams Protein: 38.5 grams Cholesterol: 142.1mg