Slow cooker lemon chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds (960 g) skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl,combine dried oregano,garlic,seasoned salt and black pepper. Mix well and rub chicken breasts with oregano mixture.
- Heat unsalted butter in a large nonstick skillet. Brown rubbed chicken breast halves in hot butter. Using a slotted spoon,transfer to slow cooker.
- Pour water,lemon juice and bouillon granules in the same skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat,loosening browned bits from skillet. Pour boiled lemon mixture over chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours. Add parsley and baste chicken. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for a further 15-30 minutes,or until chicken breasts are tender.