Rice pudding with strawberries and pistachios
Author: Body and soul newspaper
- 1 tbs unsalted butter diced
- 120g short grain rice
- 21/4 cups pouring cream
- 21/4 cups milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- ½ cup of sweetener of choice (honey, maple, or stevia)
- 2 egg yolks
- 250 grams strawberries hulled and cut into wedges
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Few drops of lemon juice
- Coarsley chopped pistachios
- Mint leaves to serve
- Place butter into big pot that has preheated , then melt butter and add rice and stir for a few minutes to coat rice in the butter .
- Add cream, milk, vanilla, and ⅓ of the sweetener and stir frequently for 10—15 mins.
- Whisk the egg yolks and remaining sweetener in a bowl till fluffy then stir into rice and stir frequently to prevent sticking. Keep stirring till thicken.
- Once thicken place in fridge to cool
- When ready to serve place strawberries, icing sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve on top of rice pudding