PUMPKIN, HALLOUMI AND AVOCADO SALAD
- ¼ pumpkin, see notes
- 90 grams / 3 oz halloumi cheese, sliced 1cm thick
- ½ avocado, diced
- mixed lettuce, I used a 4 leaf mix but you can just use rocket
- salt + pepper
- 1 & ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F
- Chop pumpkin into bite size pieces, place on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Mix together, then separate out. Cook for 30 – 40 minutes, until browned, flipping pieces’ half way through.
- Mix 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar in small jar and shake to combine to make a basic balsamic vinaigrette.
- Heat a frypan on medium-low and add ½ tbsp. olive oil. Fry halloumi pieces for approximately 2 minutes each side, or until browned. Be careful not to burn – they cook fast!
- Add lettuce to bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix well with your hands.
- Add in avocado, pumpkin and halloumi on top of lettuce, drizzle with dressing and serve immediately!