Potato, Bacon, Onion and Garlic Bake
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 bacon rashers chopped
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1½ kg potatoes peeled thinly sliced
- 300ml thickened cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ tsp chicken stock powder
- ½ cup tasty cheese grated
- 1 pinch cracked pepper *to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C. Lightly grease an 8-cup capacity baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Saute bacon, onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until onion is tender and bacon is golden
- Layer potatoes and onion mixture alternately in prepared baking dish.
- In a large jug, whisk together cream, milk and stock powder. Pour over potatoes. Cover with foil. 5.Bake for 1 hour, until potato is tender.
- Remove foil. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake a further 15 minutes, uncovered, until cheese has melted and is golden.