No Bake, Chewy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- ½ cup creamy natural drippy peanut butter (just peanuts & salt)
- 1½ tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- ⅓ cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped* (or sub chopped pecans)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- For on top:
- 2 tablespoons roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- Add peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and cinnamon to a medium saucepan and place over low heat. Stir every so often until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and immediately stir in flaxseed meal, chia and oats. Fold in almonds and shredded coconut and stir until combined.
- Line an 8x4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper; pour granola bar mixture in and spread out evenly, then press down in the pan very firmly. Press remaining roasted almonds on top.
- Place dark chocolate chips and ½ teaspoon coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between until chocolate is completely smooth and melted. Drizzle diagonally over bars.
- Cover the bars with foil, and place bars in the fridge for 30 minutes-1 hour or until mixture has hardened. Remove bars from pan and cut into 8 granola bars anyway you'd like. Store bars in the fridge, either individually wrapped in plastic or in foil. Bars will last up to 1 week in the fridge.