Low carb breakfast muffins
Serves: 6 muffins
- 1 bell pepper (your favourite colour)
- 3 spring onions
- 4 little cherry tomatoes/one normal tomato
- 6 eggs
- 1 handful spinach/ green leaves
- 2 slices cheddar (2 slices = around 50g; you can use different cheese too)
- ½-1 tsp salt
- 4-5 splashes hot sauce (or curry powder)
- slot muffin tin
- Baking paper or muffin cups (only if you don't have a nonstick muffin tin)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 390°F.
- Wash and dice the pepper, onions and tomatoes. and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Wash the spinach, lightly chop it and add it to the bowl as well.
- Add the eggs and salt. Mix well. Pro tip - crack the eggs separately before adding. That way if you get a dodgy one, it won’t ruin the whole meal.
- Optionally add some hot sauce, curry powder...whatever you like. Hot sauce is great!
- Grease the muffin tin with oil and kitchen paper/baking brush and pour the egg mixture evenly into the muffin slots. (If you think they might still stick to the pan use some muffin cups or cut out some baking paper and to use as cups - definitely saves time on doing the washing up ?
- If you’re so inclined then layering some cheese over the top of each muffin before they go into the oven is a delicious addition! You can also mix in the cheese to the batter.
- Pop the tray into the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.
- Bon Appetit!!
- Recipe Notes
- COOKING TIME: How do you like your eggs? Rather soft? Stick to 20 minutes baking time. If you like them well done, almost crunchy, go for 25 minutes!