Lemon, Oregano, Mint and Chicken Pastilles with Spiced Yoghurt Dip
Author: Originally from The Gourmet Garden Herb Hub
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 450g chicken tenderloins
- Salt and black pepper, to season
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1½ cups pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons Gourmet Garden Mint
- 2 teaspoons Gourmet Garden Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Gourmet Garden Garlic
- 8-10 sheets store-bought filo pastry, brushed with melted butter
Spiced Yoghurt Dip
- 150ml plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 190 C
- Heat and grease a large frying pan with olive oil, season chicken with salt and turmeric and add to pan. Once first side is browned turn chicken over.
- Stir and add the lemon juice and zest. Once cooked set aside and cool completely.
- In a bowl mix together the cooled mashed pumpkin, feta, mint, oregano and garlic.
- Place 2 sheets of filo on top of each other and place 2 tablespoon of mash mixture into the middle of the sheets of pastry. Top neatly with ⅙th of the chicken and ten fold the sides in to seal your chickaen and mash. Once the sides are neatly folded in, start rolling over to form a square parcel. Brush with a little more butter then place on a greased basking sheet. Repeat the process with the other sheets, making sure that you use at least two sheets per pastille.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in an oven or until brown.
- Mix together yoghurt, mint and lemon to make a spiced yoghurt dip. 8. Serve pastilles hot with spiced yoghurt dip, salad or vegetables.