Lemon Chicken Romano
- 2 larger chicken breasts
- Panko bread crumbs
- Mozzarella, Romano and Provolone cheese
- Fresh oregano and (optional) parsley
- 1 lemon
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- First you will slice the chicken breasts through their thickness horizontally (thicker breasts will work better here), then let rest at room temp 10 minutes.
- Then pound the chicken to even the thickness.
- Then whisk together the egg and flour and one dish and the panko, romano, oregano, lemon zest and pepepr in another dish. Dredge the chicken in the egg mixture first to act as the glue then the panko mixture second. PACK on those crumbs!
- Pan fry to coated cutlets at a time in half of the olive oil until golden brown on each side. Then repeat with remaining two.
- Transfer to baking sheet (really you don’t need parchment that was mostly for look here and even the spray isn’t a must). Cover with each with a mound of cheese.
- bake chicken till cheese is melted
- Serve with first sliced lemon on top can serve with steamed asparagus and carrots and beans