Lamb and mushroom ragu
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 600g Coles Australian Boneless Mini Lamb Shoulder Roast, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine or beef stock
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs coarsely chopped rosemary
- 1 tbs thyme sprigs
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 500g Coles Fresh Pappardelle
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Step 1
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add half the lamb and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until brown all over. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Step 2
- Repeat with the remaining lamb.
- Step 3
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Step 4
- Add the mushroom to the pan and cook for 2 mins or until tender. Add to the slow cooker with the wine or stock, diced tomato, tomato paste, rosemary, thyme, vinegar and sugar. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high (or 6 hours on low) or until the lamb is very tender.
- Step 5
- Use tongs to transfer the lamb to a large heatproof bowl. Use 2 forks to coarsely shred lamb. Return to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Season.
- Step 6
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
- Step 7
- Divide the pasta among serving bowls. Top with the lamb mixture and sprinkle with the parmesan.