Instant pot butter chicken
- 2 cups Onion, diced
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 pounds Chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 15 ounces Tomato sauce, no added sugar
- 3 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons Garam masala
- 1½ teaspoons Ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Smoked paprika
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- Cilantro, garnish
- Set your Instant Pot to SAUTE and add butter, onion and garlic. Saute for approximately 5 minutes until the onions are tender. Press OFF to cancel the saute.
- Add the chicken, tomato sauce, tomato paste, red curry paste, garam masala, ground ginger, salt, and smoked paprika to the Instant Pot. Lock the lid in place and turn the pressure valve to seal it. 3.Set to HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- When the timer goes off do a natural release for 5 minutes and then turn the valve on top to VENTING to let the remaining steam out of the pressure cooker.
- Remove the lid and using a slotted spoon remove the chicken from the sauce and set aside.
- Add the heavy cream to the pot and, using an immersion blender puree the sauce until smooth.
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTE and stir the sauce while simmering for 7-10 minutes, or until it thickens. Turn OFF saute.
- Add the chicken back to the sauce, stir together, and serve with a garnish of cilantro.