Eggplant and pesto baked pasta
- 500grams small pasta(small shells)
- 2 medium zucchini grated
- ¾ cup pesto
- 2 eggplants sliced thinly lengthways
- Olive oil spray
- 2 cups light mozzarella
- ¼ cup Parmesan shredded
- 500 grams cherry tomatoes halved
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a large pot boil pasta, cook until slightly undercooked. Then drain and put back into the pot and add zucchini and pesto stir to combine
- Line 2 trays with baking paper and arrange eggplants slices in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven
- Transfer pasta mixture into a deep baking dish, top with eggplant slices, slightly overlapping the slices. Sprinkle with cheese and top with tomatoes, cut side up.
- Bake for 45 mins(cover with foil to keep it from browning to much on top). Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Serving size: 1 piece Calories: 450 Fat: 23 grams Carbohydrates: 39 grams Sugar: 6.6 grams Fiber: 7 grams Protein: 22.5 grams