Easy Mediterranean Lunch Bowls
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1-2 cups vegetable broth or water (the amount needed depends on your cooking method)
- 8 oz hummus (homemade classic hummus recipe)
- 1⅓ cans white beans, drained and rinsed (1/2 cup per bowl)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz arugula
- 12 Kalamata olives
- ½ of a medium to large red onion, diced or approximately ½ cup
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 lemon, cut in quarters
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare quinoa per package instructions with the vegetable broth or water. For stovetop and Instant Pot directions, see below. Let the quinoa cool some before adding it to the bowls.
- Dice your red onion and cucumber.
- Assemble your ingredients evenly into four 4 cup containers. Per bowl add: ½ cup cooked quinoa, ½ cup beans, ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, handful of arugula, 2 T red onion, ½ cup diced cucumber, ¼ cup hummus, one slice of lemon, drizzle 1 tsp olive oil on top, and add freshly ground pepper.
- Cover and store in fridge for up to 5 days.