Easy Lentil Vegetable Loaf
- 2 cups cooked lentils, (drained well)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) package white or button mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Aminos, optional Tamari or gluten-free lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked (for a gluten-free recipe, check the label)
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- Ketchup Topping
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, optional yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add ¼ cup water to a large skillet, add onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add more water as it evaporates.
- Add carrots, celery, and mushrooms, and continue sautéeing until mushrooms have released their liquid. Drain well and set aside.
- Add lentils, tomato paste, liquid aminos, balsamic vinegar, oats, almond meal, and oregano to a food processor and pulse until ingredients are combined. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Add veggies and mushrooms to the food processor and pulse until combined and chunky. Add to the lentil mixture and stir to combine. Lightly spray a 5 x 7-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add ingredients and form into a loaf.
- Bake 35 minutes, add topping and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to set 10 minutes before slicing.