Easy Homemade Protein Bars (Cinnamon Roll)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (40 g; a heaping ½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats (96 g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (26 g)
- ½ cup natural almond butter (118 g)
- ¼ cup honey (74 g)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water *if needed
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Combine the protein powder, cinnamon and rolled oats in a 7 cup food processor fitted with a steel blade. Blend until the oats are powdery and blended.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil. Stir in the almond butter, honey and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the liquids into the food processor in two batches, processing in between. Process on high for 1-2 minutes until mixture is completely blended and mixed together. You may need to stop and press the mixture down a few times with a spatula.
- If mixture feels dry, add 1 tablespoon of water and process again.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Scoop the protein bar mixture into the pan and press firmly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Freeze for a minimum of 30 minutes before slicing into bars.
- Keep bars in the fridge as they become soft at room temperature.