Coconut Curry Ramen Noodles with Marinated Mushrooms
- Marinated Mushrooms
- 500 g Mixed Mushrooms (of your choice)
- ⅓ cup (80ml) Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- ½ tsp Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Sauce (Sambal Oelek)
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- Coconut Curry Soup
- 6 cups (1.4 litres) Vegetable Stock
- ¼ cup (4 tbsp) Red Curry Paste
- 1 14 oz (400g) tin Coconut Milk
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 (200g) block Tofu
- Fresh Coriander
- Spring Onions
- Sesame Seeds
- Chop the mushrooms in half and place into a large bowl with all the ingredients for the marinade. Stir so everything is coated, then cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour, or up to overnight. Remove from the fridge once marinated and set aside as you prepare the rest of the curry.
- Finely dice the red onion and heat 1 tbsp oil in the bottom of a large stockpot. Fry the onion for 2-3 minutes on a medium/high heat until it starts to soften. Then add the curry paste and stir to coat the onion. Fry for another minute to release some of the flavour.
- Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk to the pan and bring everything to a gentle simmer.
- Drain the mushrooms from the marinade, and grill them on a griddle pan on a medium/high heat until they are cooked through. Slice the tofu into slices and grill this too until the outside is crispy.
- Cook the noodles (variety of your choice, I used rice noodles) and place in the bottom of your serving bowls. Divide the soup between four then top with some mushrooms and tofu. Add a sprinkle of sesame seeds, some fresh coriander and some sliced spring onions.