Chocolate Weet-bix Slice
- 12 Weet-Bix finely crushed
- ¼ cup cocoa powder sifted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 200 g butter melted
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 200 g milk chocolate melted
- 1 packet Chocolate Freckles . you will have leftovers that you can munch away on!
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Grease an standard sized rectangular slice pan.
- Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 3cm overhang on all sides.
- Combine crushed Weet-Bix, cocoa powder, sugar, butter, coconut and egg in a bowl.
- Press mixture over base of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate and pour over the top of the slice.
- Working quickly, place the Freckles in neat lines.
- Pop in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Take out of the fridge and leave for approximately 20 minutes before cutting into squares (this is so that the chocolate doesn't crack).
- The choc freckles are an option but they do make great decoration