- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- ¼ full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey or rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp honey or rice malt syrup
- Add all ingredients in a food processor (not including chocolate cover ingredients), pulse until it forms a thick sticky paste, do not let it run smooth.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, use your hands to make 8 rectangles, and then freeze for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Prepare chocolate cover. In a small pot add coconut oil, cocoa powder and honey. Heat on low heat until all ingredients are melted together make sure you stir the mixture as it melts. It will look shiny.
- Remove rectangles from freezer, using two forks dip the rectangle in choc mix and place back on tray , repeat till all rectangles are covered.
- Place back in freezer for another 10 minutes or until choc is firm
- Keep in fridge or freezer or they will melt
Serving size: 1 bar Calories: 247 Fat: 3.8 grams Carbohydrates: 32 grams Fiber: 8 grams Protein: 21.8 grams