Banoffee coconut chia puddings
- 54g (1/4 cup) black chia seeds
- 270ml can light coconut milk
- 2½ tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 60ml (1/4 cup) rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 large banana, sliced
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- Roasted coconut chips, to serve
- Raw cacao nibs, to serve (optional)
- Step 1
- Place chia seeds, coconut milk, cacao powder, water and 2 tablespoons of the rice malt syrup in a blender. Blend until almost smooth. Divide among four 125ml (1/2 cup) glasses. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- Step 2
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the banana, turning carefully, for 30-60 seconds each side or until golden and caramelised. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with sea salt. Drizzle with remaining rice malt syrup. Cool for 2 minutes.
- Step 3
- Top the puddings with banana and drizzle with pan juices. Sprinkle with the coconut chips, and cacao nibs, if using.