Home made kind bars
Author: Recipe Central
- ½ cup unsalted roasted almonds whole
- ½ cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts whole
- ½ cup roasted walnuts chopped
- ⅓ cup puffed rice
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate bits
- Line a 8" pan with alfoil
- In a large bowl mix together all nuts, puffed rice, flaxseed and set aside
- In a small sauce pan, combine syrup, honey, vanilla, and sea salt. Bring to the boil whisk for 2 mins.
- Pour syrup mix over nut mixture, stir to combine, transfer into lined pan and spread out evenly
- Allow to cool, then take out of pan and place on a cutting broad. Cut into bars and allow to cool further.
- If you want to do the chocolate drizzle then you will need to place choc bits into a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring each time until choc is melted.
- Once melted use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over bars and let set at room temperature.
- Store bars in an air tight container for up to a week or freeze to save for later
Serving size: 1 bar Calories: 162 Fat: 9.2 grams Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 14.4 grams Sugar: 0 Sodium: 0 Fiber: 2 grams Protein: 5 grams Cholesterol: 0